The decision to relocate your business is never made lightly. While the process can be stressful and distracting, it’s also full of wonderful opportunities to make improvements and save money – particularly when it comes to your telecom services.
To help make your move a success, we’ve put together a list of things to keep in mind concerning your telecom equipment and services while you’re undergoing this process.
Establish your tech requirements:
- Can the wiring at your new location handle your current setup?
- Do you have the physical space you need for technology resources like power, cooling, conferencing, and wireless connectivity?
- Do you have an accurate estimate of how much it will cost to purchase new equipment versus moving your old hardware?
It’s inevitable that your big office move is going to have hiccups, but going in with a plan can help you weather the storm of unproductivity. It’s important to consider your technology and its support systems before you commit to a big move in order to minimize your downtime and prevent large gaps in your overall office efficiency. For example, if your new location isn’t properly wired, you will need you will need to be on top of the re-wiring process to make sure your equipment has the proper connections it needs to function.
Assess current services:
- Is your office keeping up with technology advances and taking advantage of the best, most recent deals for telecom services?
- Are there services you can renew, eliminate or change? Do you need to downsize or upgrade?
- If you’re moving your old services and implementing them at the new location, will your incumbent service provider force you to sign a new contract – locking you in with your current setup?
The telecommunications industry is a dynamic marketplace. The technologies, services and players are always changing. Whether you’re implementing your old services in your new office or finding new vendors entirely, you need to be fully aware of all the options available to you in order to make sure you have the technology you need, at the lowest possible price.
Talk to a telecom cost-reduction professional:
A professional cost-reduction consultant can help take the weight off your shoulders when you’re preparing for an office move. They can:
- Set up a site visit and handle your tech audit beforehand, making sure nothing slides through the cracks.
- Fully analyze the market and make sure you’re not getting locked into any overpriced contracts.
- Investigate the most cost efficient way of getting you set up in your new location, including simplifying and modernizing your setup, while reducing costs in the process.
Your big move is a great opportunity to both find savings on your telecom bills and increase your overall satisfaction levels with your telecom environment. Plan for your future needs, assess your current tech, and make sure to contact a professional!